Black mold can infest homes or other buildings, especially in damp areas. Long-term exposure to black mold is potentially harmful to health and may cause a range of symptoms.
In this article, we explain what black mold is.
Some molds can release mycotoxins into the air.
Black mold is a type of fungus that is either dark green or black and often has a distinct musty or damp, mildewy smell.
Black mold can be one of many different types of fungus, including Stachybotrys chartum.
It tends to grow on surfaces that contain a lot of cellulose or porous fibers, such as fiberboard, wood, gypsum board, or paper. The mold prefers moist, warm environments, and it can grow wherever the conditions are ideal.
Black mold often thrives in humid areas, such as bathrooms, laundry rooms, and shower cubicles, or AC systems. It may also appear following a water damage emergency such as a burst pipe or a flood, when it can grow in areas of a building that a person cannot easily see, such as between wall layers or under floorboard or behind shower tile.
These molds are not dangerous in themselves, but they can release very harmful toxins into the air in your home or commercial property. Inhaling these toxins may lead to certain health effects and symptoms.
Black mold is a type of fungus that grows in damp areas and tends to thrive on natural materials porous materials. Long-term exposure to black mold may cause symptoms in some people, especially those with respiratory issues.
Eliminating mold by employing a licensed mold assessor is necessary to have a mold remediation that meets IICRC standards.
QCI MOLD & WATER DAMAGE is here to help with any mold or moisture issue in the Naples or Ft. Myers area. If you think you could have a mold issue in your home or commercial property, CALL NOW 239-777-2875! QCI can give a free phone consultation to discuss your needs. If a mold inspection, mold testing or mold remediation is needed we can quickly get you on the schedule to assess the issues within your property ASAP.